Renault Kwid 1.0 AMT bookings open in India
Renault India had first showcased the Kwid 1.0 AMT at the 2016 Auto Expo. As the name suggests, this Kwid variant gets a 1.0-litre petrol engine mated to an Automated Manual Transmission (AMT). On the Renault India website, the Kwid AMT is being teased with the tagline 'coming soon: a revolutionary dial that will change everything'. This implies that the Renault Kwid 1.0 AMT is going to be launched soon.
Our sources in the company said that the Kwid AMT will be launched sometime in the second week of November 2016. We spoke to a Renault dealer in Bengaluru, who said that the cars have already arrived in their showrooms. They are currently accepting bookings for the Renault Kwid 1.0 AMT for an amount of Rs 25,000. Deliveries are scheduled to start around mid-November. The Kwid 1.0 AMT will be offered only on the top RxT trim. It gets a gear shift control dial which lets one choose between neutral, drive and reverse modes. It will also offer a crawl function which when engaged moves the car forward slowly without any accelerator input.
Renault India already sells the Kwid 1.0 which is powered by a 999c engine that makes 68PS of power and 91Nm of torque. The Kwid 1.0 RxT costs Rs 3.82 lakh while the Kwid RxT (O) is priced at Rs 3.95 lakh.
The Kwid is also available with a 799cc engine which makes 54PS and 72Nm of torque. It is available in six trims with a price range of Rs 2.62 to Rs 3.67 lakh.
Starts Rs 2.92 Lakhs
- Honda Drive to Discover 10: A new discovery with the City, WR-V, Amaze and Jazz
- Electric vehicles - Why they don't have a gearbox and how it's possible to go as fast backwards, as forward
- Government confident of local manufacturing of lithium-ion EV batteries by 2022
- 2021 Triumph Trident 660 first ride review
- Maharashtra lockdown: How to maintain your vehicle while you stay at home