Regal Raptor Motorcycles launched in India
The nearly 25-year old US-based motorcycle company, Regal Raptor has launched its range of bikes in India. The motorcycles are being brought into India via the CBU route and will be marketed by Hyderabad-based Fab Motors. The assembly line is being set up in Telangana after which CKD operations will start.
Fab Motors is expected to pump in an investment of Rs 1,000 crore. Regal is also expected to cough up a significant sum out of this investment.
The Regal Raptor motorcycles that will be available in India include the DD 350 E (Rs 2.96 lakh), Bobber (Rs 3.22 lakh) and Daytona (Rs 3.33 lakh). The three motorcycles are powered by a 320cc engine which makes 23PS and 22Nm of torque, paired to a 5-speed transmission. The 0-60kmph sprint is claimed at 3.5 seconds in all these cruiser-styled motorcycles. The booking amount is Rs 50,000 and the wait period for the delivery of the motorcycles is three months.
The range stretches all the way to motorcycles in the Rs 20 lakh price bracket. The bigger 500-800cc motorcycles will be available in India in approximately 18 months.
Sources say that Regal Raptor and Fab Motors are looking at localising components as soon as possible. After the plant is set up, Fab Motors will export the motorcycles to Nepal, Bhutan, Saudi Arabia, Sri Lanka, UAE, Oman, Yemen and Pakistan.
- Intercity road travel time of "Oxygen Tankers" can be shortened, with help from the Indian motorsport fraternity
- 2021 Kia Sonet launched in India, prices start from Rs 6.79 lakh
- Scrappage Policy - A crucial joint representation made to the government to save vehicles older than 30 years
- Tranquility with the Hyundai Creta in Wayanad
- Government proposes 'IN' series of vehicle numbers to simplify re-registrations