Production Volkswagen Ameo may sport modified front-end at launch
Volkswagen showcased its compact sub-4m sedan, the Ameo, at the Auto Expo 2016. The Volkswagen Ameo though will be hit showrooms in India during the festive season (August-October) this year.
Volkswagen facelift headlamp
A source tells us that the Volkswagen Ameo, at the time of its launch, will have the same headlamp design that was showcased on the Vento facelift. The Volkswagen Vento facelift was also showcased at the expo and is expected to be launched soon in India. It has LED elements in the headlamp assembly along with more chrome on the grille. Inside, the features and colour of the upholstery are expected to remain the same as showcased at the Expo.
The Volkswagen Ameo will be available with a choice of petrol and diesel engines from the Polo on which it is based. This includes a 1.2-litre three-cylinder petrol and a four-cylinder 1.5-litre diesel motor. There will be a choice of manual as well as automatic transmission for the diesel motor while the petrol will strictly be available with a stick shift.
Expect the Ameo to be priced slightly above the Volkswagen Polo.
Starts Rs 5.96 Lakhs
Starts Rs 6.17 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.78 Lakhs
- Nissan Magnite: Best-in-class, throughout
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate
- Jeep Meridian 7-seater SUV spied testing in India ahead of early-2022 launch
- Top 5 most fuel efficient SUVs in India
- 2021 Toyota Land Cruiser customers in Japan to sign no-resell undertaking, bookings suspended