Statement from Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India Pvt. Ltd. (HMSI) on 2W EV Road Map in India
Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India Pvt. Ltd. (HMSI) has issued the following statement on 2-wheeler Electric Vehicles Road Map in India.
Honda's 2030 vision is to Serve people worldwide with the "joy of expanding their life's potential" - Lead the advancement of mobility and enable people everywhere in the world to improve their daily lives. In line with this vision we echo Government's efforts towards a greener and cleaner tomorrow.
"Globally, Honda has an experience of developing & selling Electric Two Wheelers for over 25 years. Due to multiple factors including vehicle cost, riding performance, range and infrastructure, customers' adoption of EV is still a major challenge."
The industry needs more time to stabilize after BS-VI changeover before we take the next step of moving from IC Engine technology, especially considering Indian customer requirement of higher daily commuting distance and price consciousness.
Honda requests a well laid out plan jointly prepared by Government, Industry and all concerned stakeholders looking at the aspects of air pollution, energy security, cost of technology, availability of raw materials & Infrastructure while addressing employment impact to increase stepwise penetration of Electric Vehicles.
DISCLAIMER: This information is published as per the press release sent to us. It has not been verified or ratified by OVERDRIVE.
- C'est Francaise C'est Citroen - Why You Need The French Beauty Citroen C5 SUV In Your Life
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate
- 2021 Volkswagen Taigun launched in India, prices start from Rs 10.50 lakh
- Indian Highways - And the disappearance of trees and milestones
- Price and Spec Comparison: Volkswagen Taigun vs Skoda Kushaq vs Hyundai Creta vs Kia Seltos vs Tata Harrier vs MG Hector