Mercedes-Benz commences its product offensive; Introduces for the first time in India the iconic G-Class in its new guise- the G 350 d
On its 40th birthday, the stronger than time G-Class debuts its first ever diesel variant in the country |The most efficient G of all time
- The G 350 d is powered by the new Euro 6d-TEMP standard compliant engine |2925 cc | 210 kW/ 286 hp | 600 Nm | 0-100 km/h in just 7.4 seconds!
- The G 350 d is the most efficient version of the G-Class of all time
- The 9G-TRONIC automatic transmission in the G 350 d has a model-specific software application to achieve very short shift times
- The new G-Class only leaves its birthplace (Graz) after around 100 production hours a journey already undertaken by over 300,000 vehicles
- G 350 d with unlimited customization options with 'G manufaktur' is aimed at lifestyle aficionados who want a highly personalized vehicle
- The G 350 d comes with Phase 2 of Mercedes me connect
- STAR EASE service package for G 350 d starts @ INR 79,500 for a period of 2 years
- Mercedes-Benz G350 d is priced at INR 1.5 crore ex-showroom, all India
Mumbai: India's largest luxury car manufacturer Mercedes-Benz today further bolstered its strong SUV portfolio by adding the power of diesel to its iconic, unrivalled legend The G-Class. The G-Class is a cult performance off-roader, which has set high benchmark for many vehicles. With the introduction of the new G 350 d, the off-roader becomes the most efficient "G" ever. Martin Schwenk, MD and CEO, Mercedes-Benz India launched the new Mercedes-Benz G 350 d in Mumbai today.
"The G-Class has been unparalleled and unrivalled around the world, since its inception in 1979. It is the benchmark amongst luxury off-road vehicles. Today, Mercedes-Benz offers the fans and customers in India the first ever diesel G-Class, the Mercedes-Benz G 350 d. The G 350 d with limitless customization possibilities is positioned as a lifestyle vehicle for aficionados, who want a highly personalized vehicle, which is an expression of their dynamic personality. The famed off-roading capabilities of the G-Class adds to the dynamic appeal of the vehicle. With a rich history of over 40 years, the G-Class has carved a niche for itself in a rather competitive market segment. We are sure the zealous fans of the G-Class will welcome their favourite luxury off roader in its new guise." Martin Schwenk, MD and CEO, Mercedes-Benz India said at the much-awaited launch.
He added, "We start our product offensive for 2019 today, and there cannot be a better vehicle to make an impression other than with the iconic G-Class. With the new G 350 d, we are glad to offer over 15 specialty and AMG cars for our discerning customers. The G-Class is an outstanding vehicle that combines serious off-roading capabilities combined with daily driving pleasures. The launch of this vehicle further cement our 'Top of pyramid' product strategy for India. We have an exciting product offensive lined up for Q4 and we are confident of maintaining our leadership position in the luxury segment." he added.
Technical specifications of the new Mercedes-Benz G 350 d at a glance
|Engine||In-line 6 Cylinder|
|Output||210 kW (286 hp) at 1200-3200 rpm|
|Peak Torque||600 Nm at 2500-3500 rpm|
|Drive system||4MATIC all-wheel drive with rear-biased torque distribution of 40:60|
|Acceleration (0-100 km/h)||7.4 seconds|
|Top Speed||199 km/h|
Enhanced agility and traction: 4MATIC all-wheel drive
The new transfer case is flange-mounted directly to the 9G-TRONIC. It is designed to send 40 percent of the drive torque to the front axle and 60 percent to the rear axle. This configuration particularly benefits the handling characteristics on the road. The permanent all-wheel drive ensures maximum traction. The "G", being the "G", always has more in store. The low-range off-road reduction gear considerably increases torque at the drive wheels, which makes very difficult terrain negotiable.
Over a million possible combinations of G-Class can be created by combining the series and G maufaktur options, resulting in a G-Class, which could be the only one of its kind. The G-Class' individuality is reflected in the G manufaktur philosophy. The G manufaktur uses only the finest materials: care, craftsmanship and time. The design gene is particularly prominent in the DNA of the G-Class. Equipment varies exclusively for the new G-Class, in which everything is perfectly matched and tailored to the highest level. Over a million possible combinations of the G-Class can be created by combining the series and G maufaktur options.
- The G 350 d comes with special NAPPA LEATHER
- Be it the exterior or interior, many details of the new G-Class are hand-crafted
- A total of at least 100 hours is required to build the G-Class
- Experienced artisans pay attention to every detail when making the seats. The result is highly exclusive collector's items fashioned by the hands of craft masters
Stronger than time
The G-Class is the top model among luxury off-road vehicles in the Indian market today. It is not the only passenger car model series with the longest production run in the history of Mercedes-Benz, but also the forefather of all SUVs bearing the three-pointed star. A torsional rigid ladder-type frame of high-strength steel and a mounted body of composite construction provides the basis for the enormous off-road capabilities of the new G 350 d. This design is considerably more robust and suitable for off-road operations than a uni-body construction. The body shell consists of various grades of steel while the wings, bonnet and doors are made of aluminium.
The new Mercedes-Benz G 350 d is priced starting at INR 1.5 crores ex-showroom, India
Mercedes- Benz G 350 D | Road Test
DISCLAIMER: This information is published as per the press release sent to us. It has not been verified or ratified by OVERDRIVE.
Starts Rs 31.72 Lakhs
Starts Rs 1.5 Crore
- C'est Francaise C'est Citroen - Why You Need The French Beauty Citroen C5 SUV In Your Life
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate
- 2021 Volkswagen Taigun launched in India, prices start from Rs 10.50 lakh
- Indian Highways - And the disappearance of trees and milestones
- Price and Spec Comparison: Volkswagen Taigun vs Skoda Kushaq vs Hyundai Creta vs Kia Seltos vs Tata Harrier vs MG Hector