Polestar announces S90 and V90 performance versions
Polestar, the performance upgrade division of Scandinavian giant Volvo, has announced its own versions of the S90 sedan andV90 wagon. S90 is Volvo's much-awaited flagship sedan set to go up against the Mercedes-Benz S-Class, Audi A8 and the all-new BMW 7 Series. V90 is Polestar's replacement for the aging V70 wagon which might not make it to our market, though the S90 sedan is slated for a late 2016 launch.
The new Polestar Performance Optimisation package is aimed at improving the vehicle's response to throttle inputs and shifts. These upgrades will be on offer on the diesel D5 trim and later on the petrol T6. The company hasn't revealed any specific details yet but assured that these will offer a more engaging drive.
What's more appealing is what Polestar might offer on these models in the future. There are rumours that Polestar might be ditching the turbocharged V8 powertrain for the T8 plug-in hybrid, which is based on the 2.0 litre inline-4 to rival the AMG E63 and M5.
Starts Rs 1.32 Crore
Starts Rs 1.36 Crore
Starts Rs 51.9 Lakhs
- Skoda Kushaq to be offered in three variants at launch
- Facelifted 2021 BMW X3 and X4 unveiled with heavy interior revisions
- 2021 Hyundai Alcazar bookings begin in India, interiors revealed
- Skoda Slavia spied, to slot between Rapid and upcoming Octavia
- Jaguar launches the 2021 F-Pace in India at Rs 69.9 lakh