INRC 2019: PIL against Popular Rally dismissed
The recent Public Interest Litigation filed against the Popular Rally has been quashed. The rally was to be held in Kerela between October 31 and November 3 as the fourth round of the 2019 Indian National Rally Championship. The court has dismissed the petition filed against the organizers but has asked them to obtain permission from the Sports Ministry to run the event.
Earlier the organizers of the event, the Southern Adventures and Motorsports Club, had told us that the oufit would take all steps necessary to get the order dismissed. The legal recourse they promised to take seems to have worked. While the Rally still stands postponed, George Varghese, the head of the outfit told us that the event has all local permissions in place.
This comes close on the heels of the tragic incident at the 2019 Rally of Jodhpur that resulted in the death of three spectators who entered a live rally stage forcibly. This PIL had been filed by a locla advocate who accused the event of not having all permits in place.
- C'est Francaise C'est Citroen - Why You Need The French Beauty Citroen C5 SUV In Your Life
- 2021 MG Astor first look: Interior and tech impressions
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate
- 2021 Volkswagen Taigun launched in India, prices start from Rs 10.50 lakh
- Tata Punch interiors leaked ahead of launch, features revealed