One-million new Skoda Octavias produced till date
Skoda which globally unveiled the all-new third generation Octavia in 2013, has rolled out the millionth unit from the Mlada Boleslav factory. A total of five million Octavias have been produced since 1966. It is also the company's most successful car in its history. The new-gen Skoda Octavia is based on the company's MQB platform. Skoda says that more than 4.3 lakh vehicles were delivered to customers around the world last year. The milestone vehicle was a moon-white colour Octavia Scout.
Globally, Skoda offers the new Octavia in sedan and estate body styles, with different iterations available in these as well. There are a host of new engines as well offered with the car - petrol, diesel and with natural gas. While front wheel-drive is standard, all-wheel drive is optional on certain models.
Skoda manufactures the Octavia primarily in its Czech facility. However the car is also assembled in India, China, Kazakhstan as well as Russia. Speaking of which, the new Octavia has had a not so successful run in the country owing primarily to its premium pricing. Skoda haven't given any updates or price revisions to the current model since its launch, which according to the sales data, clocks less than 100 units a month now.
Starts Rs 16 Lakhs
- Review2020 Porsche Cayenne Coupe road test review
- FeaturesAtal Tunnel Rohtang: Benefits and Precautions -- Insights from Vijay Parmar, organizer, Raid De Himalaya
- NewsMaharahtra government in talks with Tesla to set up India facility
- NewsRenault expands Indian presence, with 34 new sales and service touchpoints
- Review2020 Hyundai Tuscon facelift road test review