Nissan planning eight new models for Africa, Middle East and India
After the recent push to deepen synergies within the Renault-Nissan-Mitsubishi alliance, Nissan has laid out its plans for Africa, Middle East and India. Notably, the 'reference region' strategy will not be implemented in India. In all other markets, one Alliance member has taken the lead in certain areas of the business. Aside from the joint status in India, Nissan will take this lead in the Middle East, South Africa and Egypt while Renault in Turkey and North Africa.
As for the products coming out of this new strategy, there will be eight new models with SUVs and B-segment sedans being prioritized. With each market, the investment will be channelled into profitable products with a focus on core models and segments. New models like the Magnite small-SUV and the Navara pick-up truck in India and South Africa respectively will help to gain a larger footprint in these markets. In markets like GCC, Saudi Arabia and Egypt, Nissan's strong position will be consolidated.
On the technological front, there will be a phased regional deployment of Nissan e-Power drivetrain, EVs and connected-car technologies. Also, the customer experience will be enhanced and digitized. For India, Nissan's focus remains the Magnite SUV, which is set to launch by early next year.
- NewsDucati teases a new Monster, to be unveiled on December 2
- NewsGovt of India: Only BIS certified two-wheeler helmets can be manufactured and sold in the country
- NewsHonda Activa 20th Anniversary Edition launched at Rs 66,816
- NewsTVS Motor Company launches new augmented reality based smartphone application
- ReviewHonda H'ness CB350 vs Royal Enfield Meteor 350, Classic 350 & Benelli Imperiale 400