Nissan planning eight new models for Africa, Middle East and India
After the recent push to deepen synergies within the Renault-Nissan-Mitsubishi alliance, Nissan has laid out its plans for Africa, Middle East and India. Notably, the 'reference region' strategy will not be implemented in India. In all other markets, one Alliance member has taken the lead in certain areas of the business. Aside from the joint status in India, Nissan will take this lead in the Middle East, South Africa and Egypt while Renault in Turkey and North Africa.
As for the products coming out of this new strategy, there will be eight new models with SUVs and B-segment sedans being prioritized. With each market, the investment will be channelled into profitable products with a focus on core models and segments. New models like the Magnite small-SUV and the Navara pick-up truck in India and South Africa respectively will help to gain a larger footprint in these markets. In markets like GCC, Saudi Arabia and Egypt, Nissan's strong position will be consolidated.
On the technological front, there will be a phased regional deployment of Nissan e-Power drivetrain, EVs and connected-car technologies. Also, the customer experience will be enhanced and digitized. For India, Nissan's focus remains the Magnite SUV, which is set to launch by early next year.
- 2022 Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder: More interior details revealed
- 2022 Mahindra Scorpio-N unveiled in India, bookings open July 30
- 2022 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga CNG review, road test - the best CNG car you can buy?
- Upcoming Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza to be available in 4 variants and 9 colour options
- First Ola electric car to be a large sedan