Next-gen Kia Carnival MPV teased ahead of debut next month
Kia Motors has released a teaser image of the next-generation of the Kia Carnival. This will be the third-generation of the MPV, and will replace the Carnival being sold in India currently.
The teaser image shows that the Carnival now takes on the carmaker's latest design language. This is seen in the larger tiger-nose grille, the angular headlamps and more pronounced lines along the body. The bumpers also have a more angular theme to them. The glasshouse seems to have become larger with the kink in the third row being reimagined.
The new Carnival's interiors are expected to be heavily updated as well. We expect to see the heavy-mix of materials and textures as seen in the Seltos, the larger touchscreen and digital dials. We also expect more convenience features not seen in the current car. Expect the new Carnival to keep offered the myriad of seating options like before, right from an 11-seater to a six-seater.
From an Indian perspective, the current 2.2-litre diesel engine is expected to be updated to make more power (203PS/440 Nm) and be more efficient. Aside from this, a new 2.5-litre turbo petrol is also expected internationally. This is expected to make 281PS and 421 Nm. Also new will be a hybrid option that pairs a 44.2 kW electric motor to a 1.6-litre turbo petrol for a combined 230PS and 350 Nm. A new eight-speed DCT is also expected to be fitted to these engines.
With Kia having quite recently launched the Carnival in India, it is unlikely that the new car comes to India anytime soon. We expect the new car to come to India in about two to three years. The new Kia Carnival will debut in South Korea in the third quarter of 2020.
Starts Rs 24.95 Lakhs
- NewsBMW 2 Series Gran Coupe Black Shadow Edition launched in India at Rs 42.30 lakh, limited to 24 units
- NewsUniform PUC certificate for all vehicles across India soon
- NewsNissan Magnite: Prices and variants explained
- NewsSpecifications comparison: Nissan Magnite vs Tata Nexon vs Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza vs Toyota Urban Cruiser vs Hyundai Venue vs Kia Sonet vs Mahindra XUV300 vs Ford EcoSport
- NewsNissan Magnite launched in India, prices start from Rs 4.99 lakh