New Toyota Corolla Altis to be launched in India by May this year
Toyota had unveiled the new Corolla Altis at this year's Auto Expo. We have now come to learn that the car will be officially launched in May though the exact date has not yet been revealed.
The new car gets a better and more dynamic outer profile than it's outgoing version. Toyota has loaded this car with features such as LED headlights, push button start, keyless entry, rain sensing wipers, paddle shifters etc.
The wheelbase of this car has stretched by 100mm to an overall length of 2700mm making the cabin even more spacious than the older model which had one of the better legroom in its class. The infotainment needs of the customer will be taken care of by a big 7-inch touch screen located in the dashboard.
2014 Toyota Corolla Altis in India
Toyota has also fine tuned the driving setup for overall better drivability. Powering the new model will be the same engines doing duty in the earlier car which means that 1.8litre petrol engine generating 140PS will be married to a six-speed manual transmission or an optional seven-speed CVT autobox. The oil burner will be a 1.4litre producing 88PS and mated to only a six-speed manual.
Starts Rs 13.95 Lakhs
Starts Rs 16 Lakhs
Starts Rs 14.78 Lakhs
- Intercity road travel time of "Oxygen Tankers" can be shortened, with help from the Indian motorsport fraternity
- 2021 Kia Sonet launched in India, prices start from Rs 6.79 lakh
- Scrappage Policy - A crucial joint representation made to the government to save vehicles older than 30 years
- Tranquility with the Hyundai Creta in Wayanad
- Government proposes 'IN' series of vehicle numbers to simplify re-registrations