New Mercedes-Benz G-Class confirmed for 2016
The Mercedes-Benz G-Class, the no-nonsense SUV known for its hardcore off-road capabilities and rugged styling continues to be an attraction for many, even today when the segment is choc-a-block with numerous options. So much so, that Daimler CEO, Dieter Zetsche confirms that the next generation of the G-Class will use a similar boxy theme seen on the current model. Zetsche says, "it has to continue as it looks today" since "it's not a vehicle that pretends. The G-Class is the original."
The next-generation G-Class is confirmed for 2016 and is expected to be a slightly larger car than the current model. Despite its boxy design, the G-Class remains a highly popular SUV and its sales have tripled in the last five years. Its AMG version, the G63, happens to be the best -selling Mercedes-AMG car in India.
The new G-Class will be produced at Magna Steyr, which is to manufacture the Gelandewagen till 2022 as per the contract with Daimler. The vehicle will run updated engines and receive design changes to comply with the new Euro 6 norms. That puts to rest any rumours that suggested that the new G-Class would look like the Ener-G-Force concept.
Starts Rs 1.5 Crore
- Skoda Slavia spied, to slot between Rapid and upcoming Octavia
- Facelifted 2021 BMW X3 and X4 unveiled with heavy interior revisions
- 2021 Hyundai Alcazar bookings begin in India, interiors revealed
- Toyota Yaris to be discontinued this month, rebadged Ciaz replacement?
- Jaguar launches the 2021 F-Pace in India at Rs 69.9 lakh