New Bajaj Platina 100 ES with electric start launched at Rs 45,431
Bajaj has officially launched the new Platina to take on its commuter segment competitors. This challenger from Bajaj will now offer the convenience of an electric start, hence the suffix ES. The Platina ES will sport new body graphics upon a base paint of either red, blue or black. The motorcycle is kitted with a set of black alloys each of which have a 110mm drum brake. The engine is finished in black too.
A camouflaged Platina spied earlier
Bajaj say that the 102cc, single cylinder, air-cooled engine is their most fuel efficient engine to date. The engine produces 8.2PS of power at 7,500rpm and 8.6Nm of torque at 5,000rpm. A 4-speed transmission is used in the Platina 100 ES. The motorcycle weighs 108kgs and has a fuel tank that can hold a maximum of 11.5 litres. The bike also gets a zero-maintenance battery.
The new Bajaj Platina 100 ES is priced at Rs 45,431, ex-Mumbai.
Starts Rs 51,667
- Top 5 best-selling cars in India December 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Tata Motors cover top spots
- 2022 Tata Safari Dark Edition launched in India, prices start from Rs 19.05 lakh
- India-spec 2022 Toyota Hilux unveiled ahead of March 2022 launch
- Toyota to launch Creta-rivalling SUV in 2022 with Maruti Suzuki, new MPV in 2023
- 2022 Tata Tiago iCNG and Tigor iCNG: Prices and variants explained