New Bajaj Platina 100 ES with electric start launched at Rs 45,431
Bajaj has officially launched the new Platina to take on its commuter segment competitors. This challenger from Bajaj will now offer the convenience of an electric start, hence the suffix ES. The Platina ES will sport new body graphics upon a base paint of either red, blue or black. The motorcycle is kitted with a set of black alloys each of which have a 110mm drum brake. The engine is finished in black too.
A camouflaged Platina spied earlier
Bajaj say that the 102cc, single cylinder, air-cooled engine is their most fuel efficient engine to date. The engine produces 8.2PS of power at 7,500rpm and 8.6Nm of torque at 5,000rpm. A 4-speed transmission is used in the Platina 100 ES. The motorcycle weighs 108kgs and has a fuel tank that can hold a maximum of 11.5 litres. The bike also gets a zero-maintenance battery.
The new Bajaj Platina 100 ES is priced at Rs 45,431, ex-Mumbai.
Starts Rs 47,763
- FeaturesReplicas of "World's First Car" being made in Coimbatore
- NewsDucati teases a new Monster, to be unveiled on December 2
- NewsGovt of India: Only BIS certified two-wheeler helmets can be manufactured and sold in the country
- NewsHonda Activa 20th Anniversary Edition launched at Rs 66,816
- NewsTVS Motor Company launches new augmented reality based smartphone application