MV Agusta launches the F3 800
MV Agusta has pulled the covers off the eagerly awaited MV F3 800. The new F3 800 is based closely on its F3 675 stable-mate. MV Agusta says it combines "the exhilaration of a 1000cc Superbike with the handling of a 600cc Supersport; the torque of a V-twin with the rev limit of a four-cylinder."
The inline three-cylinder engine of the F3 800 shares the same bore as the F3 675 at 79.0mm, but the F3 800 gets a stroke of 54.3mm which is 8.4mm longer than the F3 675. The result is a 798cc bike that produces 150PS and 88 Nm of torque. The rev-limiter kicks in at 13500 rpm.
The fuel injectors are new, which assist the power increase over the 675. The lightweight engine uses a counter-rotating crankshaft and also gets a slipper clutch. MV Agusta claims a top speed of 268 kmph for the new 800. It is fitted with Brembo monobloc calipers up front; Marzocchi forks that are completely adjustable as is the Sachs shock. It will come with Pirelli Diablo Rosso Corsa sport radials.
The F3 800 comes loaded with electronics like traction control and full ride-by-wire technology. "There are in fact no mechanical constraints between throttle and butterfly: the injection mapping and ignition are what defines the optimum fuel-air mix to give the best performance at all times and under all load conditions," MV Agusta says. It comes with three pre-set injection maps and one fully customisable one.
The bike will be available in three colour combinations: Pearl white/black; red/silver and matte/metallic black. The F3 800 sports a price tag of USD 18,280 which is equivalent to Rs 10.40 lakh.
Starts Rs 15,00,000
- NewsTata Nexon EV crosses 2,000 sales mark
- NewsBMW 2 Series Gran Coupe Black Shadow Edition launched in India at Rs 42.30 lakh, limited to 24 units
- NewsUniform PUC certificate for all vehicles across India soon
- NewsNissan Magnite: Prices and variants explained
- NewsSpecifications comparison: Nissan Magnite vs Tata Nexon vs Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza vs Toyota Urban Cruiser vs Hyundai Venue vs Kia Sonet vs Mahindra XUV300 vs Ford EcoSport