MotoGP: Dani Pedrosa signs on as test rider for Red Bull KTM
Dani Pedrosa has signed on as test rider for Red Bull KTM. The Spaniard, who announced his retirement from competitive MotoGP earlier this year, has accepted a two-year role with the Austrian manufacturer.
Confirmation of this decision came through at Phillip Island, where the Australian round of MotoGP is being held this weekend. Pedrosa will work alongside current test rider Mika Kallio.
Having the wealth of experience that Pedrosa brings with him is likely to benefit KTM as the team begins their assault on the 2019 season of the championship. KTM has signed on rider Johann Zarco to partner Pol Espargaro next year. And the team has acquired the Tech 3 outfit as their satellite team, with Miguel Oliveira and Hafizh Syahrin as riders.
Pedrosa has competed for Honda for a period of 18 years. He won the 125cc world title for them in 2003, took two back-to-back 250cc world titles in 2004 and 2005, before coming close to winning the 2006 MotoGP title.
- NewsEuro V compliant 2021 Ducati Streetfighter V4 and V4 S: Everything to know
- NewsDelhi government accelerates EV charging infrastructure plans
- NewsTwo-Wheeler Festive Offers: Gift vouchers worth Rs 6,000 on Okinawa electric scooters
- NewsDucati India commences pre-bookings of Multistrada 950 S BSVI, launch on November 2
- NewsUpcoming KTM Adventure motorcycles: 250 Adventure launch in November 2020, 890 Adventure expected in 2021