MotoGP 2016: Andrea Iannone on pole at Austria
Andrea Iannone claimed pole for tomorrow's MotoGP race at Austria
Andrea Iannone did a fine job to take pole position during qualifying for tomorrow's MotoGP race at Austria's Spielberg track. It was Maniac Joe's second-ever pole position, a feat that he achieved with a timing of 1min 23.142sec. And while the Ducatis did look dominant , Yamaha's Valentino Rossi managed to split the two, taking second spot on the grid.
Rossi managed to get ahead of Iannone's team-mate Andrea Dovizioso by a mere 0.009s at the end of Q2. In turn Rossi's Yamaha team-mate Jorge Lorenzo was also fairly dominant, giving the Ducatis a run for their money, eventually settling for fourth place on the grid.
Fifth on the grid went to the injured Marc Marquez, who currently leads the world championship by 48 points from Lorenzo and 59 points from Rossi. Whether or not he will be able to remain competitive all through the race remains to be seen, which means it could be advantage Yamaha at the race tomorrow.
Maverick Vinales managed to make it to sixth on the grid, while Cal Crutchlow, Scott Redding and Aleix Espargaro made up the third row of the grid.
- Near-production Skoda Slavia spied ahead of early 2022 launch
- Shopping on Indian Highways
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate
- Audi India start local production of Q5 SUV
- Lifetime replacement spares and labour covered under Volvo Cars' new lifetime parts warranty scheme