MG ZS EV to be launched in India in December
MG Motor India head, Rajeev Chaba, told OVERDRIVE in an interaction that his firm will launch the MG ZS EV in India by December. The firm will start slow in this regard, and launch the electric SUV in five cities to being with. Once there is greater acceptance, infrastructure and a trained dealer network, the EV will be launched in more cities. The MG Hector's production schedule will not affect the ZS EV either. The two cars are independent programmes and built on separate lines.
The firm is choosing this niche model to further highlight its aim of being a technology leader in the automotive industry. The ZS EV is being brought in as a CBU wherein 250 units will be imported from Shanghai. MG claims that the ZS EV will be a global offering and will have a driving range of 350km in one single charge. The MG ZS EV could be powered by a 52.5kWh lithium-ion battery pack. A full charge could take eight hours from a wall charger.
MG is partnering with Fortum to install 50 KW CCS/CHAdeMO DC fast Public Charging Stations for Electric Vehicles across MG's showrooms in 5 cities including Delhi NCR, Hyderabad, Mumbai, Bengaluru and Ahmedabad by September this year to begin with. The firm has also partnered with Delta Electronics, a player in the AC charging space, to develop EV infrastructure.
Watch our MG ZS EV review below:
Starts Rs 22 Lakhs
Starts Rs 12.9 Lakhs
- 2022 Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder: More interior details revealed
- 2022 Mahindra Scorpio-N unveiled in India, bookings open July 30
- 2022 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga CNG review, road test - the best CNG car you can buy?
- 2022 Mahindra Scorpio-N launched in India, prices start from Rs 11.99 lakh
- Upcoming Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza to be available in 4 variants and 9 colour options