Merzouga Rally 2017: Sherco TVS Racing's Joan Pedrero Garcia stands fifth after Stage 3
Stage 3 of the 2017 Merzouga Rally came to an end yesterday. It was divided into two sections -- the first one covered around 112km while the second one, after CP1, ran around 63km. Making things quite challenging for the riders yesterday was a sandstorm which lasted around half an hour during the second half of the stage.
Sherco TVS Racing's Joan Pedrero Garcia tackles the sand dunes in one of stages
Sherco TVS Racing's Joan Pedrero Garcia finished the stage in 11th place with a time of 3hr36m30s, which puts him at fifth overall with a time of 7hr50m21s. His teammate, Adrien Metge, finished the stage in fourth place with a time of 3hr26m50s. However, since he retired in Stage 2 due to mechanical issues, he is currently 62nd in the overall standings. Abdul Wahid Tanveer completed the stage in 25th position with a time of 4hr26m59s, while Aravind KP took 4hr45m29s and finished 29th. Tanveer and Aravind are now 28th and 29th in the overall standings, with just minute's gap between them.
Also read from OVERDRIVE:
- Skoda Slavia spied, to slot between Rapid and upcoming Octavia
- Facelifted 2021 BMW X3 and X4 unveiled with heavy interior revisions
- 2021 Hyundai Alcazar bookings begin in India, interiors revealed
- Toyota Yaris to be discontinued this month, rebadged Ciaz replacement?
- Jaguar launches the 2021 F-Pace in India at Rs 69.9 lakh