Merzouga Rally 2017: Sherco TVS Racing's Joan Pedrero Garcia stands fifth after Stage 3
Stage 3 of the 2017 Merzouga Rally came to an end yesterday. It was divided into two sections -- the first one covered around 112km while the second one, after CP1, ran around 63km. Making things quite challenging for the riders yesterday was a sandstorm which lasted around half an hour during the second half of the stage.
Sherco TVS Racing's Joan Pedrero Garcia tackles the sand dunes in one of stages
Sherco TVS Racing's Joan Pedrero Garcia finished the stage in 11th place with a time of 3hr36m30s, which puts him at fifth overall with a time of 7hr50m21s. His teammate, Adrien Metge, finished the stage in fourth place with a time of 3hr26m50s. However, since he retired in Stage 2 due to mechanical issues, he is currently 62nd in the overall standings. Abdul Wahid Tanveer completed the stage in 25th position with a time of 4hr26m59s, while Aravind KP took 4hr45m29s and finished 29th. Tanveer and Aravind are now 28th and 29th in the overall standings, with just minute's gap between them.
Also read from OVERDRIVE:
- Review2020 Porsche Cayenne Coupe road test review
- FeaturesAtal Tunnel Rohtang: Benefits and Precautions -- Insights from Vijay Parmar, organizer, Raid De Himalaya
- NewsMaharahtra government in talks with Tesla to set up India facility
- NewsRenault expands Indian presence, with 34 new sales and service touchpoints
- Review2020 Hyundai Tuscon facelift road test review