Mercedes launches the new 2013 B-Class diesel at Rs 22.6 lakh
Mercedes-Benz launched today the B180 CDI, the diesel variant of the B-Class, in India at Rs 22.6 lakh, ex-Mumbai.
The 2013 Mercedes B-Class
The compact MPV is powered by the same 2.2-litre four-cylinder engine that powers the diesel A-Class. The luxury car manufacturer also claims that same mileage figure for the B180 CDI as the A-Class - an impressive 20.06kmpl.
The engine churns out 108PS and 250Nm of peak torque. Based on the new Modular Front Architecture (MFA), the engine is mated to a 7-speed dual-clutch gearbox, which transmits power to the front wheels. Mercedes says that the B diesel will hit a top speed of 190kmph.
Available in just the lower trim, called Style, the B-Class diesel has missed out on features such as the sunroof and 17-inch alloy wheels, instead it will move around on smaller 16" alloys.
The leather interiors of the B180 CDI as well as the safety features such as the ABS, Collision Prevention Assist and seven airbags are standard.
The B180 will be a CBU (built outside the country) till 2014. Later, the CKD units will be assembled at Merc's Chakan unit in Pune.
- 2021 Kia Sonet launched in India, prices start from Rs 6.79 lakh
- Intercity road travel time of "Oxygen Tankers" can be shortened, with help from the Indian motorsport fraternity
- Tranquility with the Hyundai Creta in Wayanad
- Hyundai Alcazar vs Tata Safari vs MG Hector Plus: Engine specifications compared
- Skoda Kushaq India launch pushed to July 2021