Mercedes-Benz to launch the S400 petrol in India on March 29, 2016
Mercedes-Benz will launch the S400 in India on March 29, 2016. The Mercedes-Benz S400 has a 3-litre, V6 petrol that produces 329PS and 480Nm. A 7-speed or 9-speed automatic gearbox will be paired with this engine. Internationally, the S400 is sold as a Hybrid, however, Mercedes Benz India has no plans of launching this trim.
The S400 will get all the goodies that are present in all S-Class models. This includes the air-suspension and rear wheel drive. What one also gets is top notch cabin quality, space and the comfort that's the S-Class' forte.
The international models get the Magic Body Control that adjusts the dampers as per the road conditions. The system uses a radar to scan the road surface, and hence it will not be offered in India due to government regulations. The other petrol powered S-Class is the S500 with a V8 petrol. For those who were looking for a petrol powered S-Class with sensible running costs, the S400 should serve as the ideal choice.
The S400 will be positioned between the S350d and the S500. Expect the price to hover around the Rs 1.2 crore to 1.4 crore (ex-Delhi) mark.
- NewsDucati India commences pre-bookings of Multistrada 950 S BSVI, launch on November 2
- NewsUpcoming KTM Adventure motorcycles: 250 Adventure launch in November 2020, 890 Adventure expected in 2021
- News2020 Bajaj CT 100 KS, priced at Rs 46,432, is the most affordable 100cc motorcycle
- NewsMercedes-Benz India delivers 550 cars during Navratri and Dussehra 2020
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Baleno reaches 8 lakh sales milestone in 5 years