Mercedes-Benz GLA 220d Activity Edition to be launched in India on October 13, 2016
Mercedes-Benz India will launch the 4MATIC variant of the GLA 220d on October 13, 2016. Called the Activity Edition, the GLA will be more powerful as well as get more equipment. It is expected to be priced at around Rs 40 lakh. A dealer we spoke to confirmed that one can book the Activity Edition now at Rs one lakh.
Image of a regular GLA used for reference
While the Mercedes GLA 220d Activity Edition will retain the 2.1-litre turbodiesel engine, the power and torque output has increased by 34PS and 50Nm, making the total to 170PS/350Nm. The 7-speed automatic transmission remains unchanged. Expect the performance to go up a bit. Other changes include an electronically powered tailgate, raised suspension with the off-road package, new alloy wheels, side cladding as well as chrome Activity badges. New bits in the cabin include a 12v power socket in the boot, push button start, Dynamic Select button and a bigger hi-res COMAND screen.
Mercedes-Benz is expected to roll out the changes in the Activity Edition to the rest of the models in the GLA lineup. This includes the petrol, diesel and AMG trims. The GLA Activity Edition will not be a limited edition run and instead will continue with the other models. We will get you more details on October 13.
Starts Rs 42.1 Lakhs
Starts Rs 32.48 Lakhs
- C'est Francaise C'est Citroen - Why You Need The French Beauty Citroen C5 SUV In Your Life
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate
- 2021 Volkswagen Taigun launched in India, prices start from Rs 10.50 lakh
- Indian Highways - And the disappearance of trees and milestones
- Price and Spec Comparison: Volkswagen Taigun vs Skoda Kushaq vs Hyundai Creta vs Kia Seltos vs Tata Harrier vs MG Hector