Mercedes-Benz all set to launch the new GLS on June 17
Mercedes-Benz is all set to launch the new GLS on June 17. The GLS will be the third SUV launched by Mercedes-Benz this year following the GLE and the GLC Coupe. The Mercedes-Benz GLS is the brand's biggest SUV and it will get a few cosmetic updates like bolder octagonal grille flanked by Multibeam LED headlamps with 112 LEDs per headlamp, LED DRLs, chrome-plated under-guard in the front apron, larger air inlet grille, two-piece LED taillamps, underbody cladding, silver skid plate, and twin exhaust mufflers with chrome finish.
The car is now bigger and it is 77mm longer, 22mm wider and the wheelbase has increased by 60mm. This will carve out more space for the occupants in the second and third row. The car will also feature a 12.3-inch digital instrument cluster, steering wheel with touchpads, centre console with touchpad, heated seats, 5-zone climate control, adjustable air suspension and auto parking along with a long list of other features.
The new GLS can be expected to feature both petrol and diesel engine options, a 3.0-litre petrol engine that pushes 372PS of power and 500Nm of torque. And the 3.0-litre diesel unit that develops 290PS of power and 600Nm of torque. Both these engines will get a 9-speed automatic transmission.
The GLS could be priced around Rs 1 crore and it will lock horns with the BMW's XL-sized three-row SUV, the X7.
Starts Rs 99.9 Lakhs
- NewsLimited edition Diavel 1260 Lamborghini draws inspiration from 820PS Lamborghini Sian FKP 37
- NewsAprilia SXR 160 maxi-scooter to enter production soon, launch expected in January 2021
- NewsHonda CMX1100 Rebel powered by Africa Twin's 1100 unveiled
- NewsRolls-Royce Dawn, Wraith and Cullinan Black Badge cars get Neon Nights variants, limited to three each
- NewsNew Hyundai entry-level SUV named Bayon