Maserati recalls 28,000 cars in the US
Maserati has issued a recall of over 28,000 cars in the US, to fix a problem of unintended acceleration. The Quattroporte and Ghibli, manufactured between February 1, 2013 and November 30, 2015 comprise of the list of affected cars.
The company, after investigating a few accidents concluded, that the driver-side floor mat anchor may break allowing the floor mat to move and get trapped between the accelerator pedal and the vehicle carpet. This may cause uncontrolled acceleration which could also result in a crash. Maserati will notify owners, and dealers will replace the driver-side floor mat and possibly the accelerator pedal cover, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin April 29, 2016.
It's understandable that drivers tend to get alarmed, in such a situation. Maserati, however, has says that if such an event were to occur, these cars are equipped with a brake override system, which enables the driver press the brake, slow down and stop the vehicle.
Starts Rs 1.67 Crore
- Toyota showcased modern and sustainable technology range at Auto Expo 2023
- 2023 Hyundai Aura launched, prices start from Rs 6.29 lakh
- Car sales January 2023: Maruti Suzuki, Kia, Tata Motors, and more
- Mysterious Barriers on Highway in Madhya Pradesh
- Hero Xoom launched in India, prices start from Rs 68,599