Maserati MC20 supercar to be globally launched in May 2020
Maserati recently revealed the name of its super sports car - the MC20. The car was developed at the Maserati Innovation Lab and will be built at the Viale Ciro Menotti plant. The worldwide debut will in the last week of May in Modena. MC is the acronym of Maserati Corse and 20 refers to 2020, to mark the start of a new phase in Maserati's history as they will return to the world of racing with the MC20. The company claims that the super sports car is the natural evolution of the MC12, the car that marked Maserati's return to racing after 37 years in 2004. That car won 22 races and 14 championship titles across Constructors' Championship, Drivers' Championship and Teams' Championships in the FIA GT between 2004 to 2010.
Maserati is handling the development of the supercar's engine rather than sourcing it from Ferrari like the previous models. There could be a fully electric version that would arrive later. Apart from revealing the name, Maserati has not given out any other information regarding powertrain and other specs. The MC20 gets its inspiration for the name from the Tipo 26 was the first racing car to wear the Trident logo where the number indicated the year of manufacture.
- No Down Payments, No Hassles! 5 Great Advantages Of Maruti Suzuki Subscribe
- Vehicle Scrappage Policy - the complete picture - all you need to know
- Want A New Car Without Hassles? Maruti Suzuki Subscribe Has Got You Covered!
- IMOTY 2021: The Royal Enfield Meteor 350 is the Indian Motorcycle of the Year 2021
- Honda CB500X Adventure tourer India launch expected soon, could be priced at Rs 5.5 lakh