Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza crosses 50,000 units sold milestone in India
Irrespective of the body style or engine options, any new product from Maruti Suzuki usually never fails to catch the attention of new car buyers. Going by the market response to the Vitara Brezza, it can be safe to assume that even Maruti Suzuki didn't expect it to become so popular. Within two weeks of it's launch, the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza received 25,000 bookings. By the end of May 2016, it received over 55,000 bookings and had a waiting period of up to nine months.
Even after seven months, the Vitara Brezza continues to set the sales chart on fire. Maruti Suzuki has now announced that over 50,000 units of the Vitara Brezza have been sold. The Vitara Brezza marked the company's foray into the compact SUV segment in India.
The Maruti Vitara Brezza is powered by the Fiat sourced 1.3-litre DDiS diesel engine which delivers 90PS of power and 200Nm of torque. The engine gets coupled to a 5-speed transmission. During our fuel efficiency tests it delivered 15.8kmpl in the city and 19.6kmpl on the highway.
To cope up with the demand and reduce the waiting period, Maruti Suzuki had increased the production capacity of the Vitara Brezza from 80,000 units to one lakh units per annum. We have compared the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza against the Mahindra TUV 300 and the Ford EcoSport.
Starts Rs 7.34 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.99 Lakhs
- C'est Francaise C'est Citroen - Why You Need The French Beauty Citroen C5 SUV In Your Life
- 2021 MG Astor first look: Interior and tech impressions
- Tata Punch interiors leaked ahead of launch, features revealed
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate
- 2021 Volkswagen Taigun launched in India, prices start from Rs 10.50 lakh