Maruti Suzuki garners 51 percent MPV market share
Maruti Suzuki has taken the lead in the MPV market in India with its offerings in this segment having captured a 51 percent share. The manufacturers two main offerings in this space are the Maruti Suzuki Ertiga from its Arena sales channel and the Maruti Suzuki XL6 from Nexa.
The XL6 has been on sale in India for a year now and has been another big success for the brand. Based on Suzuki's Heartect platform, the six-seater MPV has sold over 25,000 units in this time, with a 14 per cent share of the premium MPV market. The XL6's USP is its SUV-like styling and the second-row captain chairs. Other notable features are full LED lighting, cruise control, auto headlamps and wipers, seven-inch Smartplay Studio infotainment and so on.
The single engine option is the K15B 1.5-litre petrol which first debuted in the Ciaz, this motor puts out 104PS and 138Nm. This pairs with a five-speed manual and four-speed torque converter automatic. A electric motor from the mild-hybrid system adds start/stop, brake energy recuperation and torque assist functions. Prices for the XL6 start from Rs 9.85 lakh and go up to Rs 11.51 lakh with two manual and two auto variants on offer.
Watch the video review below
Starts Rs 7.55 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.8 Lakhs
- NewsHonda Activa 20th Anniversary Edition launched at Rs 66,816
- NewsTVS Motor Company launches new augmented reality based smartphone application
- ReviewHonda H'ness CB350 vs Royal Enfield Meteor 350, Classic 350 & Benelli Imperiale 400
- NewsBMW X5 M Competition launched in India, prices start from Rs 1.95 crore
- FeaturesSpecial feature: Trippin' with the Kia Sonet