Maruti Suzuki garners 51 percent MPV market share
Maruti Suzuki has taken the lead in the MPV market in India with its offerings in this segment having captured a 51 percent share. The manufacturers two main offerings in this space are the Maruti Suzuki Ertiga from its Arena sales channel and the Maruti Suzuki XL6 from Nexa.
The XL6 has been on sale in India for a year now and has been another big success for the brand. Based on Suzuki's Heartect platform, the six-seater MPV has sold over 25,000 units in this time, with a 14 per cent share of the premium MPV market. The XL6's USP is its SUV-like styling and the second-row captain chairs. Other notable features are full LED lighting, cruise control, auto headlamps and wipers, seven-inch Smartplay Studio infotainment and so on.
The single engine option is the K15B 1.5-litre petrol which first debuted in the Ciaz, this motor puts out 104PS and 138Nm. This pairs with a five-speed manual and four-speed torque converter automatic. A electric motor from the mild-hybrid system adds start/stop, brake energy recuperation and torque assist functions. Prices for the XL6 start from Rs 9.85 lakh and go up to Rs 11.51 lakh with two manual and two auto variants on offer.
Watch the video review below
Starts Rs 7.55 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.8 Lakhs
- C'est Francaise C'est Citroen - Why You Need The French Beauty Citroen C5 SUV In Your Life
- 2021 Volkswagen Taigun launched in India, prices start from Rs 10.50 lakh
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate
- Indian Highways - And the disappearance of trees and milestones
- Price and Spec Comparison: Volkswagen Taigun vs Skoda Kushaq vs Hyundai Creta vs Kia Seltos vs Tata Harrier vs MG Hector