Maruti readying a Swift-based sedan for India
Maruti-Suzuki is developing a sedan based on the 2016 Swift. But while the current Swift platform has spawned a sub-four metre sedan, the car based on the 2016 Swift will be a more premium offering. This sedan is expected to slot in between the current Dzire and the Ciaz sedan. And while the current Dzire is an India-specific model, the booted version of the 2016 Swift is likely to be a global model. The car will be powered by the same set of engines as the hatchback range of 2016 Swift, with an added automatic transmission option too.
Image of the current Swift Dzire used as a reference
This will serve as a replacement for the SX4. This sedan is expected to be manufactured in India and exported as well. More details on the new car coming up here, in a couple of days.
Starts Rs 5.73 Lakhs
- Near-production Skoda Slavia spied ahead of early 2022 launch
- 2021 Toyota Innova Crysta Limited Edition launched with added tech features, prices unchanged
- Comparison review: Jeep Compass vs Citroen C5 Aircross
- Shopping on Indian Highways
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate