Maruti Ciaz to be launched in India on October 6
Maruti has confirmed that it will launch the new Ciaz in India on October 6. The Ciaz is Maruti's roomier replacement for the SX4 and is the same concept that was showcased at the Auto Expo 2014. The face of the car reminds one of a typical Suzuki, though it looks longer than the SX4. The cabin is reminiscent of the Swift's but in a premium package. Rear seat comfort offered is at par with bigger cars.
There will be six variants of the Maruti Ciaz with the top end offering push button start and electric folding mirrors while projector headlamps and rear AC vents will come as standard. The Ciaz is offered with two engine options - a 1.4l K-Series 92PS petrol and the familiar 90PS 1.3-litre Multijet diesel, with five-speed manual transmissions. The petrol engine is claimed to deliver a fuel efficiency of 20.73kmpl while the diesel is claimed to boast a class leading 26.21kmpl.
Expect the Ciaz to be priced higher than the outgoing SX4.
- Near-production Skoda Slavia spied ahead of early 2022 launch
- Shopping on Indian Highways
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate
- 2021 Toyota Innova Crysta Limited Edition launched with added tech features, prices unchanged
- Do you save or lose money on owning an EV in India?