Mahindra XUV300 1.2-litre mStallion turbo-petrol spotted testing
A Mahindra XUV300 has been spotted undergoing testing with what seems to be the new 1.2-litre mStallion turbo-petrol engine option. Mahindra had showcased this new family of engines at the Auto Expo 2020, and these will go on to become a mainstay of the Mahindra line-up.
This BSVI-compliant motor makes 130PS and 230Nm, an increase of 20PS and 30 Nm over the earlier turbo-petrol motor seen on the XUV300. The mStallion line-up also consists of a four-cylinder 1.5-litre unit that will possibly make its way to the Marazzo and a flagship 2.0-litre version that will debut on SUVs like the new Thar, Scorpio and XUV500. Like with the next Ford Ecosport, these engines will also make their way into the vehicles being co-developed with Ford.
The mStallion line-up has been developed in-house by the home-grown carmaker at its Mahindra Research Valley R and D facility and incorporates tech such as direct injection and an over-boost function. The brand goes on to claim that these engines deliver better fuel efficiency along with significant improvements in NVH, aside from good low-end torque.
Mahindra had revealed a Sportz variant of the Mahindra XUV300 with the Stallion motor, although there is no news yet on when this trim will launch in the country
Spy image source: Gaadiwaadi
Starts Rs 7.95 Lakhs
- C'est Francaise C'est Citroen - Why You Need The French Beauty Citroen C5 SUV In Your Life
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate
- 2021 MG Astor first look: Interior and tech impressions
- 2021 Volkswagen Taigun launched in India, prices start from Rs 10.50 lakh
- Tata Punch interiors leaked ahead of launch, features revealed