Mahindra to launch TUV 300 SUV in India on September 10, 2015
Mahindra's all-new SUV, the TUV 300 will be launched in India on September 10, 2015. The 'inspired by a battle-tank' SUV is based on an all-new hydroformed chassis. While it looks similar to the Bolero, Mahindra claims that it is in fact built from scratch. While the vehicle will roll out from Mahindra's Chakan plant, the TUV 300 was designed and developed at the firm's MRV facility in Chennai.
The Mahindra TUV 300 will be powered by a new mHawk turbo diesel engine which will reportedly produce 80PS of power. Expect the front-wheel driven TUV 300 to be mated to a manual transmission. The instrument cluster of the TUV 300 is fresh and the steering wheel is also new. Speaking of the steering wheel, it has the audio and Bluetooth controls on it and looks inspired from the XUV 500. There is a touchscreen infotainment system on offer as well. The seating arrangement is made up of three rows, with the last having jump seats. The top-end trim will ride on 235/85 R17 Ceat Czar all-terrain wheels while the lower trims are expected to get 16-inchers.
Mahindra's new sub-4m SUV will not be a replacement of the Bolero and is expected to give a tough competition to the like of the Ford EcoSport and the recently launched Maruti S-Cross. Expect prices to start from Rs 5.5 lakh.
Starts Rs 7.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.4 Lakhs
- Top 5 best-selling cars in India December 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Tata Motors cover top spots
- 2022 Toyota Hilux specifications revealed ahead of India launch
- 2022 Tata Safari Dark Edition launched in India, prices start from Rs 19.05 lakh
- Best car for-Driving around the World
- Yezdi is back, three bikes launched; price range 1.98 - 2.09lakh