Mahindra Racing's Karun Chandhok pulls doughnuts at Formula E launch in London
Mahindra Racing gears up for a first of its kind all-electric single-seater championship and makes its entry in serious swag with Karun Chandhok swerving and whizzing past the Big Ben in the team's red-black racecar called Nitro. The Mahindra Racing driver scorched Westminster bridge performing doughnuts at the global launch of the FIA Formula E championship.
Revered names from the world of motorsport, including the likes of Alain Prost, Damon Hill, Emerson Fittipaldi and Sir Frank Williams, gathered at London's Roundhouse for the event.
The new championship is aimed at popularising the concept of the all-electric vehicle and propagating sustainable mobility. The races will be held at city-centric circuits in China, Malaysia, Uruguay, Argentina, US, Monaco, Germany and the UK, with the championship kickstarting at Beijing this month.
Click here to read more about Mahindra Racing Formula E team.
- Near-production Skoda Slavia spied ahead of early 2022 launch
- Shopping on Indian Highways
- 2021 Toyota Innova Crysta Limited Edition launched with added tech features, prices unchanged
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate
- Do you save or lose money on owning an EV in India?