Mahindra Quanto AMT to be launched in India by late 2014
Among Mahindra's many displays at the 12th Auto Expo earlier this year was the Quanto compact UV with an AMT (automated manual transmission) gearbox. The car slipped into the sidelines, especially over the last two months that have been teeming with launches. However, at the launch of the brand new Scorpio, we received word that Mahindra will be bringing in the Quanto with an AMT gearbox by the end of this year.
AMTs have been all the rage off late as they offer the benefit of an automatic experience but are much more cost effective for manufacturers. This means that the masses finally have the opportunity to experience clutchless driving. Cars like the Celerio, and now the Tata Zest offer the AMT gearbox and both have been received quite well. Read our to see what it's like driving a car with one of these cost effective 'automatic gearboxes'.
Starts Rs 12.4 Lakhs
- Skoda Slavia spied, to slot between Rapid and upcoming Octavia
- Facelifted 2021 BMW X3 and X4 unveiled with heavy interior revisions
- 2021 Hyundai Alcazar bookings begin in India, interiors revealed
- Jaguar launches the 2021 F-Pace in India at Rs 69.9 lakh
- Toyota Yaris to be discontinued this month, rebadged Ciaz replacement?