Mahindra Marazzo MPV will rival the Toyota Crysta in India
Mahindra has officially announced the name of its upcoming MPV developed under the project name U321, the Marazzo. The company explains the name by stating that it's derived from Basque, a sub-language of Spanish, the word 'Marazzo' means shark and is linked to the vehicle's shark-inspired design.
The Mahindra Marazzo gets a shark-inspired design that can be seen in the streamlined and aerodynamic shape, in the overall silhouette and in the front grille inserts which resemble shark-like teeth and adds to the vehicle's aggressive stance. The design cues further flow into the tail lamps that are inspired by the tail of a shark.
The company further adds, the Mahindra Marazzo has been benchmarked against global standards of quality, technology, testing and validation norms, safety, regulations and emission. It underwent the most rigorous testing any Mahindra vehicle has ever been subjected to. It will be manufactured at the company's manufacturing facility at Nasik, in Maharashtra and is gearing up for a commercial launch before the end of Q2 FY2019.
From the looks of it, Mahindra will be pricing this one aggressively and will take on the Toyota Innova Crysta primarily.
Also see: 2018 Mahindra Marazzo First Drive review | Details, specifications and price
Starts Rs 11.25 Lakhs
Starts Rs 16.26 Lakhs
- NewsMahindra Thar scores four stars in Global NCAP crash tests
- News2021 Toyota Camry Hybrid facelift unveiled internationally
- NewsMercedes-Benz India and SBI tie-up to offer financial benefits
- NewsPorsche Taycan sets world record going sideways
- NewsIndia two-wheeler helmet market is projected to grow at a double digit rate, Sidhartha Khurana, STUDDS