Lexus ES300h facelift to be globally unveiled at Beijing Motor Show on April 25
Spy images have appeared online of the facelifted Lexus ES300h. This comes before the car's official global unveiling at the 2018 Beijing motor show on April 25. The image shows the car to have received cosmetic upgrades to mimic the design of the recently launched LS sedan.
Most prominently, the spindle grille now has vertical slats replacing the earlier horizontal ones while also being more pronounced. The front headlights have been slightly reworked with new LED elements while the lower portion of the more sculpted bumper now has chrome inserts for the foglamp housings. The interiors will most likely be tweaked slightly with the most prominent addition being the updated Lexus infotainment system, as seen on the LS and NX cars.
The car won't see any mechanical changes and will continue to be based on Toyota's global TNGA platform, which the ES shares with the Camry. The engine options will be carried over unchanged which means a 2.5 litre four cylinder petrol mated to an electric motor providing a combined output of 205PS and 213Nm. This will be mated to a 5-speed CVT.
In India the ES competes with the Mercedes Benz E-class, BMW 5-Series, Audi A6 and Jaguar XF but being a CBU is priced slightly higher at Rs 55.27 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi). Lexus has recently completed a year of operations in India and will be hoping this new car makes it more visible in the Indian market.
Also see: Lexus ES 300H | First Drive
Starts Rs 54.42 Lakhs
Starts Rs 46.45 Lakhs
Starts Rs 59.13 Lakhs
- No Down Payments, No Hassles! 5 Great Advantages Of Maruti Suzuki Subscribe
- Vehicle Scrappage Policy - the complete picture - all you need to know
- Want A New Car Without Hassles? Maruti Suzuki Subscribe Has Got You Covered!
- Honda CB500X Adventure tourer India launch expected soon, could be priced at Rs 5.5 lakh
- Comparison test: KTM 390 Adventure vs Royal Enfield Himalayan BSVI vs BMW G 310 GS vs Hero Xpulse 200