Land Rover plans to introduce hybrid SUVs in the Indian market by year-end
Land Rover has proposed to launch its hybrids SUVs in the India market. The company plans to commence the electrification of its SUVs by the end of 2019. This is in line with Jaguar Land Rover's global commitment to introduce electrified options on its entire product portfolio by 2020. The companies propose to offer Hybrids as well as all-electric vehicles i.e Jaguar confirmed the launch of the I-Pace in India by the second half of 2020. Following the Jaguar I-Pace could be the updated Jaguar XE with a plug-in hybrid.
The first SUV from the Land Rover stable could be the second generation 2020 Range Rover Evoque that is expected to be launched soon. Following the Evoque could be the updated plug-in hybrid Range Rover Velar. The Land Rover Discovery hybrid could also break cover sometime early next year.
On the occasion, Rohit Suri, president and managing director, Jaguar Land Rover India Ltd. (JLRIL) said, "Jaguar Land Rover's focus is to commit itself to a more sustainable future and our
engineers have developed just the right products to lead us on this path."
The introduction of electrified vehicles in Jaguar Land Rover India's portfolio is in line with the government's thrust towards electric vehicles. The company is encouraged by the introduction of FAME-II by the Government of India and it focuses on the expansion of the charging infrastructure in the country. This is bound to help with faster adoption of all kinds of Electric Vehicles in due course." he further added.
Starts Rs 44.98 Lakhs
Starts Rs 71.38 Lakhs
- NewsDucati India commences pre-bookings of Multistrada 950 S BSVI, launch on November 2
- NewsUpcoming KTM Adventure motorcycles: 250 Adventure launch in November 2020, 890 Adventure expected in 2021
- News2020 Bajaj CT 100 KS, priced at Rs 46,432, is the most affordable 100cc motorcycle
- NewsMercedes-Benz India delivers 550 cars during Navratri and Dussehra 2020
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Baleno reaches 8 lakh sales milestone in 5 years