Lamborghini Aventador SVJ teased ahead of Pebble Beach unveil
Lamborghini has teased what is most likely the final iteration of the Aventador, the Lamborghini Aventador SuperVeloce Jota or SVJ. This teaser doesn't reveal much but earlier official spy shots show the car to wear a more aggressive aero package.
Changes to the car over the standard Aventador SV are a 20PS power bump for the 6.5-litre naturally aspirated V12 which now makes 760PS and 720 Nm. The new aerodynamic paraphernalia derived from the Huracan Performante brings about a 40 per cent downforce, the car now makes 490 kilograms at top speed, split 40:60 front/rear. The shift times are also possible quicker while there hasn't been any significant weight gain over the standard car. All of these changes come together for the Aventador SVJ to be the fastest road-going supercar around the Nurburgring. It recently beat the record held by the Porsche 911 GT2 RS by two seconds when it went around that track in 6m 44.97s.
The Jota nameplate is reserved only for the rarest of Lamborghinis. The first time this name was used in the Miura in 1970 for a race-prepared version of the iconic car. This was followed by just two hardcore examples of the Diablo and a one-off open-top version bearing this name was made for the Murcielago. Expect the Aventador SVJ to have a truncated production run after it makes its debut at this year's Pebble Beach.
Watch this video to see the SVJ in action on the Nurburgring:
Starts Rs 4.78 Crore
Starts Rs 1.38 Crore
- Want A New Car Without Hassles? Maruti Suzuki Subscribe Has Got You Covered!
- No Down Payments, No Hassles! 5 Great Advantages Of Maruti Suzuki Subscribe
- IMOTY 2021: The Royal Enfield Meteor 350 is the Indian Motorcycle of the Year 2021
- Aston Martin plans to electrify 90 per cent of line-up by 2030
- Comparison review: Renault Kiger vs Nissan Magnite vs MS Vitara Brezza vs Kia Sonet