KTM 250 Duke and RC 250 unveiled in Japan
KTM has unveiled its 250 Duke and RC 250 at the ongoing Tokyo Motorcycle Show. KTM will be selling this motorcycles in the Japanese market for approximately Rs 2.88 lakh and Rs 3.25 lakh, respectively, according to the press release on their website.
The engine in the KTM 250 Duke as well as the RC 250 is a downsized unit from the 390s. It makes 31.3PS of power and 24Nm of torque and comes with a slipper clutch as standard. Helping it put down power on the road is the same 6-speed gearbox but with expected altered gear ratios. ABS is also standard on both the bikes. The engine weighs in at just 39.2kg, making it one of the lightest in its class. Similar to other KTM motorcycles in the Indian market that are light in weight, the RC 250 and 250 Duke weigh in at just 147 and 139kg respectively.
Both the motorcycles use the same steel trellis frame, WP suspension at the front and monoshock at the rear as the 200s and 390s. There is no word yet on whether these motorcycles will be on sale in India but we believe they may go the 125 way, given that the Dukes and RCs here straddle the price and performance point that their competitors operate in.
Starts Rs 2,00,576
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Baleno reaches 8 lakh sales milestone in 5 years
- NewsRoyal Enfield launches all-new riding jackets, priced from Rs 4,950 onward
- NewsIndian EV manufacturer BGauss inaugurates first dealership, commences deliveries of A2 and B8
- NewsRenault Kwid-derived Dacia Spring EV hatchback unveiled in Europe
- NewsTata Motors achieves momentous production milestone at four million cars and counting