KTM 1290 Super Duke R unveiled
KTM has revealed images and specifications for their 'beast', the 1290 Super Duke R. This will definitely be the most powerful bike to come out of the orange stable.
With the menacing stance, the Super Duke embodies a hooligan in orange. With the basic naked design-frame remaining the same, the Super Duke looks like a beefed-up streetfighter and reeks of performance.
Headlining the mechanicals is a 1301cc V-twin liquid-cooled engine that's churns out 180PS of power and 144Nm of peak torque. It gets a 6-speed transmission with a slipper clutch. It weighs 189kgs and does a claimed 0-200kmph in 7.2 seconds-- almost as fast a supercar. Working to bring control to this kind of performance are a chrome-molybdenum steel tubular frame, Brembo brake assembly with Bosch ABS and Dunlop Sportsmart tyres.
The Super Duke also gets a ride by wire system with four modes of traction control. They are rain, street, sport and plus. Rain mode allows for limited power delivery and traction control comes in early, street mode allows a bit of performance, sport mode allows for full power with a controlled drift feeling and plus mode switches off all assisting systems.
KTM has also launched a video of the Super Duke in action. There is no denying about how pulsating it looks. Catch it here
- 2022 Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder: More interior details revealed
- 2022 Mahindra Scorpio-N unveiled in India, bookings open July 30
- 2022 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga CNG review, road test - the best CNG car you can buy?
- 2022 Mahindra Scorpio-N launched in India, prices start from Rs 11.99 lakh
- Upcoming Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza to be available in 4 variants and 9 colour options