Kia Seltos SUV garners over 6000 bookings on the first day - launch on August 22
Kia Seltos SUV was unveiled last month and the bookings officially commenced on July 16. The Kia Seltos could be booked online as well as company's 265 touchpoints across 160 cities pan India. The SUV received over 6,000 bookings on the first day out of which 1,628 were done online. The token amount to book a Kia Selto is Rs 25,000 and the SUV will be launched in India on August 22.
The Seltos will get three engines and four gearboxes to chose from - 1.5-litre petrol and a 1.5-litre turbo-diesel engine, also 1.4-litre turbo petrol. And seven-speed- Dual-clutch-automatic, six-step-continuously-variable-transmission (CVT), six-speed torque converter unit and six-speed manual transmission.
The 1.4-litre turbo-petrol can be had with a dual-clutch-automatic, the 1.5-litre petrol has the option of a CVT and the 1.5-litre diesel automatic gets a torque converter. the six-speed manual is common to all engines.
The SUV will have three driving modes - Sports, Normal and Eco. Which will not only change the engine response but will also change the steering feel and weight. The different traction controls on offer are Mud, Snow/Wet and Sand.
Kia is also offering UVO connect system that 37 features with 3-years subscription free-of-cost. The instrument cluster gets a 7-inch screen. The Kia Seltos will get eight mono-tone and five dual-tone colours on offer.
Starts Rs 9.89 Lakhs
- Mahindra XUV500 to be discontinued, could return as two-row XUV700
- 2021 Hyundai Alcazar unveiled, engine details revealed
- Upcoming Mahindra XUV500 replacement to be called XUV700
- Electric vehicles - Why they don't have a gearbox and how it's possible to go as fast backwards, as forward
- Comparison review: Renault Kiger vs Nissan Magnite vs MS Vitara Brezza vs Kia Sonet