John McGuinness to ride for Norton at Isle of Man TT 2018
John McGuinness, 23-time Isle of Man TT winner, has signed with Norton for the 2018 edition of the event. The Morecambe Missile will compete in the Superbike and Senior TT races, riding for the Norton factory team, where he will partner Josh Brookes. Both riders will compete astride Norton SG7 motorcycles, which are derived from Norton's flagship V4 RR road bike.
McGuinness' last superbike TT win was at the 2015 Senior TT, a race in which he broke the lap record at the Snaeffell Mountain course, going 132.701mph. He missed the 2017 IOMTT after sustaining injuries in the North West 200 last year.
Over the course of a very long career in road racing, McGuinness has contested in 18 Isle of Man Tourist Trophy races, in a period from 1996 to 2000 and 2002 to 2016. His first TT win was in the 1999 Lightweight 250 TT class, and as earlier mentioned, his last win was the 2015 Senior TT. In addition to his 23 TT wins, McGuinness has also got a total of 45 TT podiums to his name.
- NewsLimited edition Diavel 1260 Lamborghini draws inspiration from 820PS Lamborghini Sian FKP 37
- NewsAprilia SXR 160 maxi-scooter to enter production soon, launch expected in January 2021
- NewsHonda CMX1100 Rebel powered by Africa Twin's 1100 unveiled
- NewsRolls-Royce Dawn, Wraith and Cullinan Black Badge cars get Neon Nights variants, limited to three each
- NewsNew Hyundai entry-level SUV named Bayon