Jan Kopecky wins final round of the FIA Regional Asia Pacific Championship
Skoda MRF team driver Jan Kopecky won the China Rally final round of the FIA Regional Asia Pacific Championship as he pleased, unchallenged when his teammate Gaurav Gill retired after hitting a rock. Jan Kopecky had already become champion for this year at the penultimate round, and the outstanding main titles confirmed in China were for Subaru driver Yuya Sumiyama who won the sub-regional Asia Cup and Proton Satria Neo driver Michael Young who won the Production Car Cup and finished second overall in the series.
Other retirements included Mark Pedder who retired after hitting the same rock as Gill. The first day was run in rain. The rally based at Longyou which was run in conjunction with a Chinese national championship event was saddened as a co-driver on the national event drowned after his car went into a river. The APRC's associated Asia Cup series still has a final round to run, in Thailand.
- Skoda Slavia spied, to slot between Rapid and upcoming Octavia
- Facelifted 2021 BMW X3 and X4 unveiled with heavy interior revisions
- 2021 Hyundai Alcazar bookings begin in India, interiors revealed
- Toyota Yaris to be discontinued this month, rebadged Ciaz replacement?
- Jaguar launches the 2021 F-Pace in India at Rs 69.9 lakh