IOMTT 2018: Manx rider Dan Kneen dies after crashing in Superbike TT qualifying
The 2018 Isle of Man TT has just barely begun, and it's already turned sombre. Dan Kneen, a 30-year-old rider from Onchan in the Isle of Man, suffered a fatal crash during the Superbike qualifying session at the Isle of Man. He had an incident at Churchtown, on the first lap of the qualifying session, and, according to a statement released by ACU Events Ltd, "died at the scene of the incident".
Manxman Dan Kneen has become the Isle of Man TT 2018's first fatality.
Dan had debuted at the mountain course back in 2008, when he competed in the Manx Grand Prix. He won three races there that year - the Junior, the Newcomers C and the Ultra Lightweight MGP Races.
Kneen's first TT podium came after the 2017 Superstock Race, where he finished third. He set his fastest official lap of 130.347mph which he set in last year's Superstock Race. He had recorded a lap of 132.258mph (17:06.994) in the 2018 Superbike Qualifying session in which he died.
Dan Kneen's death is yet another reminder of the grim realities of an event like the TT. Our condolences to his family and friends.
- Near-production Skoda Slavia spied ahead of early 2022 launch
- Shopping on Indian Highways
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate
- Audi India start local production of Q5 SUV
- Lifetime replacement spares and labour covered under Volvo Cars' new lifetime parts warranty scheme