Intermot 2016: Five day auto show saw around 40 premieres
The Intermot 2016 or the International Motorcycle, Scooter and E-Bike Fair has concluded by breaking previous records. This year's event attracted over 220,000 visitors from 95 countries. One of the key automobile events globally, the Intermot 2016 witnessed around 40 premieres. Compared to the previous edition, this year's participation saw a 17 per cent rise. Held over five days from October 5-9 in Cologne, Germany, the Intermot 2016 witnessed the participation of BMW, Ducati, Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki, Triumph and Yamaha.
Over 100 companies showcased their products in the Intermot customised section. It displayed custom motorcycles like cafe racers and choppers along with riding gear and lubricants. It even had a Garage Area where professionals worked on project bikes. The Intermot e-Motion section, which was reserved for electric two-wheelers and drive technologies, attracted an impressive number of show goers with over 15,000 attendees taking test drives.
Apart from various presentations happening in the exhibition halls, stunt shows by professionals also enthralled visitors. A separate section was reserved for those visitors who wanted to take test drives of vehicles. In total, 1,133 companies from 40 countries participated at Intermot 2016. Around 26 per cent of the visitor's at this year's event were trade visitors while 42 per cent were international visitors. The next Intermot will take place from October 3-7 2018.
- NewsCar Sales November 2020: Hyundai India records highest ever numbers for the month
- NewsCar sales November 2020: Kia Sonet becomes bestselling compact SUV again
- NewsCastrol India launches Power1 Ultimate full synthetic two-wheeler engine oil
- NewsYamaha FZS FI gets a Vintage Edition with BT connectivity, priced at Rs. 1.09 lakh
- NewsNovember 2020 sales: Bajaj Auto sells 3.84 lakh two-wheelers, registering a growth of 12 per cent