INRC 2019: Incident leads to cancellation of Rally of Jodhpur
An incident in the first Special Stage of Round 3 of the Indian National Rally Championship 2019 led to organisers calling off the event. The SS was a 13 km run through gravelly tracks around an hour's drive from the city.
"The rally had to be brought to an abrupt end after one of the cars hit a motorcycle carrying three people. The motorcycle had forcibly entered into the barricaded area, breaking past the security barrier while the stage was still green. The driver was moving at high speed and could not even see the motorbike as it emerged at a sharp turn," Mr Arvind Balan, the local organizer of the rally said.
"It was an unfortunate incident that took place despite all the safety measures being in place," Mr. J Prithiviraj, president of FMSCI, who is also the COC of the event, said. "We extend our deepest condolences to the bereaved family. The entire motorsports fraternity stands with them in their grief," he added.
- NewsTwo-Wheeler Festive Offers: Gift vouchers worth Rs 6,000 on Okinawa electric scooters
- NewsDucati India commences pre-bookings of Multistrada 950 S BSVI, launch on November 2
- NewsUpcoming KTM Adventure motorcycles: 250 Adventure launch in November 2020, 890 Adventure expected in 2021
- News2020 Bajaj CT 100 KS, priced at Rs 46,432, is the most affordable 100cc motorcycle
- NewsMercedes-Benz India delivers 550 cars during Navratri and Dussehra 2020