India-made Ford EcoSport SUV recalled in Europe because of faulty welds
Ford has issued a recall of its Ford Ecosport compact SUV in Europe. This recall covers all Indian-made Ecosport exported to Europe between May 2, 2017 and June 10, 2017.
The cars are being recalled over faulty welds in the lower control arms. These improper welds can cause the front wheel assembly to hit the wheel arch, leading to the front wheel locking up and consequently, loss of steering control. No accident or injuries have been attributed to these faults yet.
This is the second recall for the Ecosport in as many months. The last issue affected cars manufactured between November 2017 and March 2018 and caused them to suffer from a faulty Powertrain Control Module (PCM). This led to some cars to suddenly decelerating or draining their batteries.
The European-spec Ecosport is powered by the 1.0-litre three-cylinder Ecoboost petrol motor good for 100PS and 170 Nm.
In India, the Ecosport is available with three engine options, a 1.5-litre petrol, a 1.5-litre diesel and a .0-litre Ecoboost.
Starts Rs 8.04 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.9 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.34 Lakhs
Starts Rs 6.95 Lakhs
- FeaturesAtal Tunnel Rohtang: Benefits and Precautions -- Insights from Vijay Parmar, organizer, Raid De Himalaya
- NewsMaharahtra government in talks with Tesla to set up India facility
- NewsRenault expands Indian presence, with 34 new sales and service touchpoints
- Review2020 Hyundai Tuscon facelift road test review
- NewsFacelifted Mercedes-AMG GLC 43 Coupe SUV to launch in India on November 3