India-made Ford EcoSport SUV recalled in Europe because of faulty welds
Ford has issued a recall of its Ford Ecosport compact SUV in Europe. This recall covers all Indian-made Ecosport exported to Europe between May 2, 2017 and June 10, 2017.
The cars are being recalled over faulty welds in the lower control arms. These improper welds can cause the front wheel assembly to hit the wheel arch, leading to the front wheel locking up and consequently, loss of steering control. No accident or injuries have been attributed to these faults yet.
This is the second recall for the Ecosport in as many months. The last issue affected cars manufactured between November 2017 and March 2018 and caused them to suffer from a faulty Powertrain Control Module (PCM). This led to some cars to suddenly decelerating or draining their batteries.
The European-spec Ecosport is powered by the 1.0-litre three-cylinder Ecoboost petrol motor good for 100PS and 170 Nm.
In India, the Ecosport is available with three engine options, a 1.5-litre petrol, a 1.5-litre diesel and a .0-litre Ecoboost.
Starts Rs 8.04 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.9 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.34 Lakhs
Starts Rs 6.95 Lakhs
- NewsEV chargers planned for over 69,000 petrol pumps across India
- News2020 Toyota Innova Crysta facelift launched in India, prices start from Rs 16.26 lakh
- News2021 BMW S 1000 R gets Euro V engine along with more tech and new styling
- NewsCOVID19: Maharashtra to screen travellers from NCR, Rajasthan, Goa and Gujarat
- NewsDucati updates XDiavel and Scrambler range for 2021