India-bound Volkswagen Tiguan now on sale in the UK
Volkswagen has opened bookings for the new Tiguan in the UK. The second generation of the compact SUV is based on Volkswagen's MQB platform, famed for cutting down engineering costs and streamlining the design process. The entry level Tiguan starts at around Rs 21.15 lakh, while the range topper will be for Rs 32.95 lakh in the UK. Sadly, it won't be this reasonable when it hits our shores, thanks to our country's obscene tax laws.
The updated Volkswagen Tiguan has a more firm and planted stance compared to its predecessor, being 30mm wider, 60mm longer, while sitting 33mm lower. The wheelbase has also been increased by 77mm. There are totally seven engine options available in the UK, three petrol engines ranging from 125PS to 180PS, and four oil burners starting at 115PS all the way up to 240PS.
Performance figure vary as one goes through the entire range of variants. 0-100kmph times start at 9.3 seconds for the 150PS 2.0 TDI, to 7.7 seconds for the 180PS 2.0 TSI, with the top speeds ranging from 200kmph to 208kmph. Fuel economy values range from 13.52 kmpl to an impressive 20.85kmpl.
Volkswagen India plans to locally assemble the Tiguan when they launch it here in 2017.
We have driven the new Tiguan and you can read all about it here
Starts Rs 33.24 Lakhs
- Comparison review: Renault Kiger vs Nissan Magnite vs MS Vitara Brezza vs Kia Sonet
- Hyundai reveals new i20-based Bayon crossover SUV
- Honda Transalp could be a mid-sized Honda Africa Twin
- 2021 Mercedes-AMG A 35 4Matic sedan road test review - compact, fun and accessible AMG!
- Vehicle Scrappage Policy - the complete picture - all you need to know