Image gallery: Honda VFR 1200X
The 2016 VFR1200X sits at the top of Honda's adventure bike line-up. Based on the big V4 engined VFR1200, the X runs the same 1,237cc available with either a 6-speed manual or a 6-speed dual-clutch automatic gearbox. Positioned between a road bike and a full-on adventure style off-roader, the VFR1200X features a 19-inch front wheel and a 17-inch rear wheel. Spoke wheels are standard. There is no word from Honda on whether this motorcycle is headed for our shores. The VFR1200 used to be available in India but is no longer listed on Honda's website. The more exciting news is that the new CRF1000L Africa Twin will be launching in India soon and as a CKD which should mean it comes at a decent price. Click here to read more about the Africa Twin.
The Honda VFR1200X has a tall stance typical of an adventure bike
Spokes and larger 19-inch front wheel hint at the VFR1200X's willingness to go off-road
A clean semi-fairing hides the V4 engine
Seat height is at a lofty 850mm
Adjustable levers hide behind tough-looking brush guards
Twin front 310mm disc brake set-up offers ABS
Handlebar risers make for an upright riding position and should make for a more natural feel while standing on the pegs
Clean LED tail lamp and smart-looking blinkers
- Mercedes-Benz service: Putting luxury car ownership within reach
- Why are manufacturers like Ford shutting their plants in India?
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate
- 2021 MG Astor midsize SUV revealed with level 2 autonomy and AI assistant
- Tata Punch interiors leaked ahead of launch, features revealed