Hyundai Kona to be Himachal CM's daily driver
The Hyundai Kona has been impressing the government of India lately. Only last week, the EV was in the news when Union Minister Prakash Javadekar arrived at Parliament in a Kona and said, "Government is gradually switching to electric cars as they are pollution-free. I appeal to people to contribute to fight pollution- start using public transport, electric vehicles etc".
His appeal seems to have reached Himachal rather soon, as the state's Chief Minister, Jai Ram Thakur, will now use a Hyundai Kona as a daily driver. Reports say that the car was procured by the Transport Department and was gifted to the Chief Minister's office.
IANS reports that the General Administration Department (GAD) said, "If the vehicle is a success in the hill topography, more electrical vehicles will be added in the fleet of ministers."
Starts Rs 23.72 Lakhs
- 2022 Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder: More interior details revealed
- 2022 Mahindra Scorpio-N unveiled in India, bookings open July 30
- 2022 Mahindra Scorpio-N launched in India, prices start from Rs 11.99 lakh
- Mahindra Scorpio-N Vs Mahindra XUV700: What's different?
- 2022 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga CNG review, road test - the best CNG car you can buy?