Hyundai Kona to be Himachal CM's daily driver
The Hyundai Kona has been impressing the government of India lately. Only last week, the EV was in the news when Union Minister Prakash Javadekar arrived at Parliament in a Kona and said, "Government is gradually switching to electric cars as they are pollution-free. I appeal to people to contribute to fight pollution- start using public transport, electric vehicles etc".
His appeal seems to have reached Himachal rather soon, as the state's Chief Minister, Jai Ram Thakur, will now use a Hyundai Kona as a daily driver. Reports say that the car was procured by the Transport Department and was gifted to the Chief Minister's office.
IANS reports that the General Administration Department (GAD) said, "If the vehicle is a success in the hill topography, more electrical vehicles will be added in the fleet of ministers."
Starts Rs 23.72 Lakhs
- Indian Highways - And our "Delicious Dhabas"
- Delhi government changes laws for diesel vehicles over 10 years old
- Do you save or lose money on owning an EV in India?
- New-gen 2022 Suzuki S-Cross leaked, global debut November 25
- Suzuki Avenis 125cc scooter launched in India with prices starting at Rs 86,700