Hyundai Kona facelift seen in spy photos
Spy pictures have appeared of the facelifted Hyundai Kona electric undergoing testing in its South Korean home market. Unlike with the Kona electric sold in India, most other markets also get a conventionally powered version of the crossover.
The version seen here looks to be one such variant and has been subjected to a few changes. There seems to be a new grille with sharper triangular inserts, in line with what we have seen on the newest Hyundai. Also expected are new detailing for the split headlamps, a sharply cut bumper, new alloy wheel designs and reworked tail lamps. As for the Kona Electric, we expect some of these elements like the sharper lighting and crisper frontal styling to be incorporated into that model. The interiors are also expected to get some tweaks, with an updated infotainment system, the expanded suite of connected-car features as seen in the Creta and some minor design tweaks.
Internationally, the Kona comes with two battery options. One is a 64kWh battery pack which puts out 204PS and 395 Nm. India gets the smaller 39.2kWh battery option. This is a lithium-ion polymer battery pack and powers a 136PS permanent magnet synchronous electric motor. This allows for a 0-100kmph time of 9.7s. The torque output is identical to the larger battery's 395 Nm.
As for the Kona's IC engines, in South Korea it can be had with a 1.6-litre T-GDi turbo petrol with 177PS and 265 Nm. A 1.6-litre turbo-diesel is also available that makes 136PS and 320 Nm.
Prices for the Hyundai Kona Electric start at Rs 23.7 lakh in India.
Starts Rs 23.72 Lakhs
- Tata Tiago EV launched in India, prices start from Rs 8.49 lakh
- Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara launched in India, prices start from Rs 10.45 lakh
- Facelifted Tata Harrier spotted testing, expected to debut in early 2023
- Are Hybrids the Answer? And Should The Path To Electric Mobility Be Via Strong Hybrids?
- Price Comparison: Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara Vs Hyundai Creta Vs Skoda Kushaq Vs Kia Seltos Vs Volkswagen Taigun Vs MG Astor