Hyundai ix25 set for mid-2015 launch in India
If you were wondering if Hyundai is going to be joining the compact SUV brigade in India, we finally have word they are. The Korean company has been testing the ix25 in India and the compact SUV is slated for a mid-2015 launch. The Hyundai ix 25 was captured being benchmark tested against the Ford and Renault. The ix25, as far as length goes, sits squarely between the aforementioned cars. This holds true for even the wheelbase. Our sources tell us that Hyundai may use the 1.6-litre motors from the Verna instead of the ones from the Elite i20. Both the petrol and diesel engines are already powerful and should be peppy enough even in the new ix25.
The interiors are are expected to be upmarket than even the already luxurious Elite i20. We can expect many segment first features in the new ix25 including daytime running lamps
Hyundai is also looking at launching their Maruti Ertiga and Honda Mobilio competitor by 2016. We expect it will debut at the 2016 Auto Expo.
Starts Rs 7.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.49 Lakhs
- Near-production Skoda Slavia spied ahead of early 2022 launch
- Shopping on Indian Highways
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate
- 2021 Toyota Innova Crysta Limited Edition launched with added tech features, prices unchanged
- Do you save or lose money on owning an EV in India?